Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The heart speaks

Each stroke of the pen echoes the beat of the poet's heart." We read three Puritan poems, all a message from their poet's heart. Which poem, "Upon the Burning of Our House," "To My Dear and Loving Husband," or "Huswifery," did you find most appealing? Why? (The deadline to respond to this post is midnight, Friday, February 21, 2014.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found "To my dear and loving husband" most appealing because it has a more positive mood to it

Nicole Ladner 4th said...

The poem I found most appealing was "To my dear and loving husband" because it was easiest to understand. Also it was very personal, and the author of it was expressing her true feelings toward her husband.