Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Welcome to English III with KP!

George Eliot once wrote "It is never too late to be what you might have been."  This is one of my all time favorite quotes because it echoes my belief that anyone at anytime has the power to choose his destiny.  This semester as we journey through composition writing and American literature, I hope that you will find something that will inspire to choose the right destiny for yourself.  I hope that you will enjoy the class and let me help you improve and enhance your writing, grammar, and reading skills.  I look forward to getting to know each of you and making this a successful semester.  My first questions to you are "What would you like me to help you with this semester?  Why do you feel you need improvement in this area?  What would the best way(s) for me to teach you?"  (The deadline to post a response to this blog question is midnight, Thursday, January 9, 2014.  Remember if you post to use your initials and the block to indicate who you are.)

5 comments:

Mariah Barraza said...

This semester I hope you are able to help me improve in my writing skills. I feel like I need more practice in writing to prepare me for college. The ways that you could help me is with all that you already have planned, such as the warm-ups, essays, and research paper!

Mariah Barraza
3rd block
English III

Unknown said...

I would like you to help me with my writing (as in research papers, essays, ect.) and thinking of good writing topics and hooks. I feel I need improvement in this area because I'm not the best writer, and I feel that to be successful, I need to write well and use proper grammar. I think the best way to help me with writing would be one on one, honestly.

Ashley Zuviceh
3rd Block
English III

Unknown said...

This semester I would like for you to help with my writing and grammar. I feel as if I am a good writer I just have a hard time starting my paragraphs off. I also have a hard time with grammar. I get confused easily. I think the best ways for you to teach me is just what youre doing. I already feel like the warm ups are helping me. you go into detail and explain it in a great way.

Savannah Jeter
4rth period
January 8, 2014

Unknown said...

I think the areas I have the most trouble in are writing introductory and conclusion sentences. I also have trouble staying focused and comprehending long passages that do not interest me. You can help me by editing my papers and giving me helpful tips on how to stay focused.

Hannah Askew
Fourth block

Nicole Ladner 4th said...

This semester I would like to improve on writing and grammar. I have the hardest time starting on whatever I am writing. I also want help on getting my hook and conclusion strong. Improving on these things would mean a lot to me. It would also help a lot when I start writing essays for scholarships. The best ways to teach it to me is just I guess just going over good ways to start essays and how make strong hooks and conclusions, and just let me know anything else I need to improve on.