Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Friday, January 17, 2014

The Sieve and the Sand

In part two of Fahrenheit 451, Faber asserts that books are feared because they "show the pores in the face of life" and make people uncomfortable. What the world needs, according to Faber, is quality of information like that found in books, the leisure to analyze and understand it, and the right to act on that understanding. To what extent do you agree or disagree with Faber's statements? Do all books provide "quality" of information? Do all people take time to analyze and understand what they read? Have you ever read a book that made you want to "act" based upon your understanding of that book's message? Share with us. (The deadline to post a response to this blog question is midnight, Tuesday, January 21, 2014.)

2 comments:

Nicole Ladner 4th said...

I do agree with Faber's statements that there is quality information in books, people should have leisure to analyze, and have the right to act on it. Most people though do not take the time to do all those things. Usually the people who are forced to through their English class, or they just love to read. I do not think there was a book I read that has made me act on it, but I am sure eventually there will be a book I read that will make me act on the understanding from it.

Unknown said...

I believe that there are useful information in every book and depending on your range of thinking and interest in the book also relies on how much you actually think about what it's meanings are. If I am interested in a book that makes sense to me, I apply it's meanings to situations I've been in. If I'm not so interested or I don't understand completely, it's hard for me to comprehend it's true message.