Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day




I was absent on Friday, when our school celebrated Veteran's Day, but had I been there, these are the pictures of the two men I would have worn.  They are my father, Adolph Roy "Johnny" Hall, (in the picture on the left) and my maternal grandfather, Jesse Anthony "Tony" Lott.(picture on the right)  My Old Papa, as he was called, fought in World War I and my father served 31 years in the US Army, fighting during WWII, Korea, and Vietnam.  These two men, like many others you might know, protected freedom and those who could not protect themselves.  We owe them a great deal--it isn't just a job--it is a calling--an act of sacrifice--in my eyes.  I welcome you to post the name of a veteran you admire and tell why.   (Do you think I look my dad?  My mother always said, "Kay, is Johnny made over."  Whatcha think?)  The deadline to post to this blog is midnight, Tuesday, November 13, 2012).

11 comments:

KG Block 1 said...

My great grandfather, Robert Doll, was a WW II Veteran. He was a very wise man who always had many stories to tell all his grandchildren and great grandchildren. My great Uncle Johnny was also a veteran, but I'm not sure which war it was. He went in the place of my grandfather because my grandfather had just married my grandmother. I love both of them dearly. They have both passed away, but I appreciate what they have given to this country.

KG Block 1 said...

Also, yes, Mrs. Palombo, you do look very similar to your dad!

EL 1st block said...

Paul Lightell, my father, is a veteran. He served in the marines for a few years. I admire him for the calling he took on and how he has turned out over the years. He has done what is best for his family and for his country and is still going strong. I couldn't imagine my life without him. Also I think you and your dad do look alike. I think you two have similar noses and eyes.

Tiffany Bates said...

My grandpa, John Wells served in the US Navy during Vietnam. He was an awesome man,very wise and content and I miss him often. My other grandpa, Kenny Burnett, was killed in action while serving in the Air-force. These men gave to our country and I wanted to honor them for it. Thank you to all the other Veterans as well, and Mrs. Palombo, you do look somewhat the same to your daddy.

AD First block said...

Yes! Ms. Palombo, You look very similar to your dad!

Unknown said...

My war vets include my uncle who was in the navy and my dad who was in the air force. My uncle fought in Iran and Iraq during the war. Although I don't get to see him much, he has left me with the impression of a great man. My dad was a plane mechanic and even though he never went over seas, he is still a strong, American man that will fight for what he believes.

Unknown said...

The veterans I admire are my uncle, Albert Alexander, and my cousins, Alton Alexander and Eric Alexander. My Uncle and Alton are in the Army. Eric is in the air force. I love them. They fight for America. My uncle was in Desert Storm, Alton has been to Sadia- Arabia and Afghanistan, and Eric has been to Japan and is now up North. I love my family and all they do for us.

Unknown said...

My grandfather,Delber Seay, was a soldier in the US Korean war and fought to protect us. I love and miss him so much, and I am so happy that he was a part of my life. I thank everyone who enlists and does what they do to protect each and every one of us. God Bless!

BF Block 2 said...

My great grand-dad was in the Air Force during WWII. He trained the new guys to fly the planes. I think this was very important because, without him, a lot of people wouldn't have any idea how to fly. He passed away just last year and he had a beautiful military funeral. He was a great man.

Unknown said...

You do look like your father. It is very clear that you are his daughter.

Hope S. 2nd block said...

I know this is to late to post, but I would just like to say you look SO much like him! I admire my Uncle Claudio Irias that just left Afganistan because they were sent home due to an ambush that shook them out of their beds while they were sleeping. It just goes to show do not take life for granted it could be taken from you just a second. I honor all of the soliders who risk their lives everyday.