Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome to English III with KP

George Eliot once wrote "It is never too late to be what you might have been."  This is one of my all time favorite quotes because it echoes my belief that anyone at anytime has the power to choose his destiny.  This semester as we journey through composition writing and American literature, I hope that you will find something that will inspire to choose the right destiny for yourself.  I hope that you will enjoy the class and let me help you improve and enhance your writing, grammar, and reading skills.  I look forward to getting to know each of you and making this a successful semester.  My first questions to you are "What would you like me to help you with this semester?  Why do you feel you need improvement in this area?  What would the best way(s) for me to teach you?"  (The deadline to post a response to this blog question is midnight, Sunday, January 8, 2012.  Remember if you post to use your initials and the block to indicate who you are.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have trouble with correcting papers ( such as where to put apostrophes and commas and certain words that need to be capatilized). I also have trouble with alliteration hyperboles and the other types. I find that doing a lot of written work and examples on the board is very helpful for my personal learning. I am a visual and auditory learner when it comes to English. I cant wait for the learning experience and I cant wait to see how you teach :)
Sincerely,
C.H.-Block 1