Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Land Ho!

People gather ideas about earlier cultures  from, among other things, the reports of
explorers such as Columbus. Modern societies often seal time capsules, to be found by
later generations, that reveal aspects of their culture. Imagine that you were to enclose in
a time capsule three 6 feet by 6 feet objects (perhaps a book, a mechanical device, a picture,or painting, and some clothes) that you feel represent America at the beginning  of the twenty-first century.  Tell briefly what these objects represent about our culture.
(Deadline to post a response to this blog is midnight, Wednesday, August 20, 2014.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

If I were to enclose 3 items that represent America today, I would put a iPhone because a lot of Americans have iphones, a dollar bill because with the way the economy is going the dollar bill will eventually be worth nothing, and I would put some clothes in there to show the future what we wore. -Brittany Wilkinson

Anonymous said...

To allow the future generations to gather information of today's people, I would put a dollar bill in the capsule because the way the economy is going and at the rate the economy is deteriorating, the dollar bill will eventually value at nothing. Not only would I place a dollar to inform the future generations of the falling economy, but I would also place articles of clothing that represent the generations before today's as well as today's; after all, fashion tends to recycle. The future generations may even be recycling the styles of today when opening the capsule. Lastly, I would most likely place an empty alcohol bottle or a drug because both of these influences have a greater impact on the lives of today's generation than most are able of comprehending.
Samantha Hipps, Fourth Block.

Unknown said...

I would put $1 to represent the inflation and how the dollar value is going down, makeup to show how today, looks do matter, and I would put a laptop to show that most Americans rely on technology every day.

Unknown said...

If I had to choose three items, I would choose a book, to represent today's literature and how different it is from old literature and probably will be from future literature. I would also put an electronic device, such as a cell phone to show how technology takes up a huge part of our lives today. Also, I would put a credit card, to red present the consumism and how we have "plenty" of everything.