Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Isn't it ironic?

We have been reading several poems and stories that have irony in them.  Which of the following:  "Richard Cory," "Lamb to the Slaughter," "Thank you M'am," "The Story of an Hour," or "The Cask of Amontillado"--did you find most entertaining through its use of irony?  Explain the element of irony that you found in that work and how it made you feel or think.  (The deadline to post a response is midnight, Friday, April 20, 2012.)

2 comments:

callieharris1995 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
callieharris1995 said...

My favorite was in the "Lamb to the Slaughter" I thought their use of irony was simply hilarious when they said that I bet the weapon is right beneath our noses when the whole time they were eating the leg of lamb that had been used to kill the man was so funny.... funny but evil!! It was great and I loved reading the part where she begins to giggle at the cop's ignorance
C.H. block 1