Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Looking for a hero...

Today, we read an excerpt from The Deerslayer, entitled "A Rescue." We had the opportunity to meet America's first literary hero:  Natty Bumppo.  We saw many traditional "superhero/adventure hero" aspects in the story.  Which element commonly found in adventure tales did you enjoy most?  Why? (The deadline to post a response to this blog question is midnight, Friday, October 28, 2011.)

4 comments:

JM said...

In my opinion, the concept of bravery was the superhero element that I enjoyed the most. Natty showed he was not intimidated by the rivalry tribe, and I especially enjoyed this element because Natty stayed focused and thought his way out of a very complicated event.

JasmineNecaise said...

In my opinion I liked the concept of the superhero always being able to get out of a tough situation. If the hero of the story died it just wouldn't be quite a superhero story anymore. Just knowing he will find a way out and wondering how makes the story amazing.

RayganNecaise said...

In my opinion I liked the concept that superheros allways have nerves of steel while in the face of opposition. If superman did not have nerves of steel while fighting bad guys many kids would not have looked up to him as a hero.

Kasey.Rito said...

I have always liked how heroes could always do things normal people can't. I love how they are just so calm and different. I like the superhero to be someone I can daydream about being during the day. A superhero must be brave and must always persevere. I also like it when they are fighting for someone they love.