Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome 2011-2012


Another school year has come to the Hancock High campus. You are a student in my 31st year of teaching, so I will bring all my experience to helping you learn new and exciting things about literature, writing, and research. I look forward to getting to know each and everyone of you and the unique aspects of your personality. Next to this post, you will see a picture of a butterfly. As the year progresses, you will get accustomed to seeing lots of butterflies in my room and in my jewelry. The butterfly is a special symbol to me. It means change, rebirth, joy, and self-discovery. It is a beautiful gift that comes from a difficult challenge. At times, my class may seem challenging and difficult, but I promise you that if you apply yourself, you will emerge at the end of the course with wonderful knowledge. This is going to be a great year!

No comments: