Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Native American Myths


For most of this unit, we are focusing on the writings of explorers and early settlers in America. However, Native American myths help make up the early literature of America. Which of the Native American myths did you enjoy most and what did it teach you about the Native Americans? (This post closes at midnight on September 12th.)

8 comments:

MB-3 said...

I enjoyed the myth about the arrows. It showed how they gave their children an answer to every question. It was very interesting, and I really enjoyed it.

Unknown said...

I liked the myth about Broken Arrow. It shows how native americans explained things to their children and gives native americans a more human aspect. It makes you think what would happen if settlers had listened more to the native americans stories.

ZRY-3rd block

Ruth said...

I liked the myth about the heron and the hummingbird. i liked this myth because it taught me that no matter how fast or slow you go you will finish but if you go slow and take your time then you probably will do better. This myth is like the tordise and the hair slow easy wins the race.
ARW 4th block

Jourdan Ruberstell said...

i mostly enjoyed the broken arrows cause it showed that he wanted to change, and in the end he did. jourdan ruberstell

seanrobinson said...

I really enjoyed to Native American myth about the hummingbird and the heron. This myth was very similar to the tortoise and the hare. It tought me that the persistant prevail and that if I don't quit, then I will eventually succeed.

KL-3 said...

I like the story about the arrows because it showed children to hold their temper.

Anonymous said...

I like the myth about Broken Arrow the most, because it showed how much the Indians were not savages and how it showed children to hold their temper. I did like the myth about the hummingbird and the herron, since it is a classic lesson.

CB-3

Anonymous said...

Sorry about this but the one posted at September 11, 2009 9:59 PM is supposed to say CB-2 at the bottom I accidentally put CB-3.