Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Thursday, December 13, 2012

The path worn by love and sacrifice...

Today, we read Eudora Welty's "A Worn Path," a story of love and sacrifice.  In it we witnessed Phoenix overcome many obstacles--thorny bushes, a log, a white hunter, a maze, a seemingly never ending staircase--to get someone she loved medicine.  In your life, I am sure you have witnessed others overcoming obstacles for their loved ones.  Briefly tell of someone (you should refrain from using that person's name--use instead Uncle T. or Grandmother) you have seen travel a worn path of sacrifice and how witnessing this affected you.  (The deadline to post a response to this blog is midnight Saturday, December 15, 2012)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My grandmother has been traveling a worn path of sacrifice just about all her life. She has been making sacrifices for all of her grandchildren, which is about 16 of them, and great- grandchildren (I have lost count of that). Every year of our birthday, she gives us about twenty dollars. She has been working for a very long time and has considered retiring, but she still hasn't. She watches most of her grandchildren who are under the age of five. That is not a fun thing to do. Even though she is always tired, she puts us first. I love her for that.

Unknown said...

My father has made many sacrifices for my family. He works at the firestation and cuts lawns on the side. He does this so he can provide us with fun vacations while paying the bills too. This may not seem like much to some people, but it is a lot to me.