Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks

As we approach the end of the semester and Thanksgiving Day, I would like to tell you how much I have enjoyed having each of you in my class.  I hope that something we read inspired or interested you.  Therefore, of all the things we have read, which work are you most "thankful" for having read?  Why?  (The deadline to post a response to this question is midnight Friday, November 25, 2011.)

6 comments:

JasmineNecaise said...

I would have to be the most greatful for the chance to read Fahrenheit 451. It showed me how predictable the future and society can be and that if we do nott change our ways we will end up like the book. We will not have the ability to think for ourselves.

Faith Crawford said...

I am most thankful for reading The Crucible. I enjoyed this book because it touched my interest in history and allowed me to get a sense of the past in my English III class!

SamanthaFouasnon said...

I am most thankful for reading is Fahrenheit 451. I really liked seeing how Ray Bradbury predicted how the future would be, and how close he actually got. This story touched on my interests. It was also like a warning to us using so much technology and losing the books.

kaileyemorton said...

I am most thankful for reading Fahrenheit 451. It was one of the easier books that we read and I understood it the most. I like the way Ray Bradbury portrayed the society we live in. It really made me think and realize what is happening to the world. I really like the way he got the message across, too. He used allusions and a great deal of imagery.

XL-1st Block said...

Out of all the works of literature we have read, I can be most thankful for the book, Fahrenheit 451. It had many themes that could be related to day-to-day things. It also showed a possible future if the human race becomes even more technology dependent.

BP-blk 1 said...

We have read many works of literature that has taught me many valuable lessons. The book that I have been most thankful for is The Crucible. It has taught me to never give up on something I strongly believe in.