Welcome

Welcome to English III. This is our blog spot. Here we will share our feelings and ideas about the works we are studying. I encourage you to be honest, but I EXPECT you to be mature and respectful.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Something happened to blogger and the comments posted were lost. I know that 6 of you posted on the "relive the past" question below. However, they were lost in the bloger problem; therefore, I have changed the deadline for posting. If you posted, please post again; otherwise, you won't get credit. Sorry.

3 comments:

Joseph J said...

I posted on the blog directly below this one, the 'of course you can'. I think that this is the one you meant. However, I was confused as to shich I should comment on and as to the due date of this re-write, since the 16th is Monday. Anyways, I rewrote it on the other blog.

TiffanyT said...

I agree with Nick. You may be able to repeat an action, but the outcome will never be the same. I believe Fitzgerald agrees with Nick, also. He shows this through the relationship of Daisy and Gatsby. Gatsby believes that when he sees Daisy, it will be just like old times. However, it is much different.

Aaron said...

Sigh. I really don't want to retype this.
I agree with Nick myself, and not Gatsby. The past is precisely what it says it is, the past. We may try our hardest to relive the past, and we may get close, but it will never be the same. Daisy and Gatsby are a prime example. They used to like, maybe even love, each other, but now the future has come around and Daisy is married to Tom, and Gatsby is still stuck in the past.